Names -Afrikan Agen...

Notifications
Clear all

Names -Afrikan Agency

Page 1 / 3
(@kevlew)
BlackStonishing Kmty Admin

https://youtu.be/yqzJbERjzlM

Dr. Mazama has expressed interest to come on aK for a discussion on Afrikan agency and spirituality.

We must act as if we answer to, and only answer to, our Ancestors, our children, and the unborn.

Amilcar Cabral

Topic starter Posted : 22/07/2017 6:21 pm
(@kevlew)

Has anyone went through the process of legally changing your name. For me using that term legally is difficult knowing that our names were taken against our will and it seems crazy to go to the system set up by those same people to request a name change. But anyway anyone went through the process?

We must act as if we answer to, and only answer to, our Ancestors, our children, and the unborn.

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/07/2017 9:30 pm
(@nko)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

I legally changed my name fourteen years ago. And it was one of the best and most important things I have ever done. In my work I have to introduce myself to patients all day long. Although among my friends I had been using my Akan name for years I still had to call myself by the slave name at work and answer to it. Going through the trouble of legally changing my name means I never have to apply a slave label to myself or answer to it any more. -- very liberating.

All my documents have my Akan name, my slave name has become a distant memory as has my abandoned slave consciousness.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/07/2017 10:08 pm
(@farafina_di)
BlackDerful Kmty Registered

kevlew;242229 wrote:

Dr. Mazama has expressed interest to come on aK for a discussion on Afrikan agency and spirituality.

Whaaat!? Let me know when where and how much and I'm there.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2017 6:21 am
(@kevlew)

Farafina diɲɛ;242274 wrote: Whaaat!? Let me know when where and how much and I'm there.

I am hoping in mid or late August

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/07/2017 8:29 am
(@kevlew)

Dr. Mazama has commitments in August. She will hopefully be here in September

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/07/2017 7:11 pm
(@kwaku-omowale)
BlackDerful Kmty Registered Registered

mekyea wo @kevlew,

do you think the presentation my Dr. Mazama will happen this month?

kwaku

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/09/2017 12:37 pm
(@kevlew)

kwaku omowale;248805 wrote: mekyea wo @kevlew,

do you think the presentation my Dr. Mazama will happen this month?

kwaku

Yaa ɔba I am still trying to coordinate her schedule. Looks like it might be in October. She has been traveling

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/09/2017 4:04 pm
(@kevlew)

Dr. Mazama is traveling to Abidjan now. When she gets back we will work on a date.

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/09/2017 9:16 pm
(@kwaku-omowale)
BlackDerful Kmty Registered Registered

mekyea wo @kevlew,

do you think the presentation by Dr. Mazama will happen this month?

kwaku

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/11/2017 8:21 pm
(@kevlew)

kwaku omowale;255514 wrote: mekyea wo @kevlew,

do you think the presentation by Dr. Mazama will happen this month?

kwaku

Yaa nua. I am trying to connect with her. She has been extremely busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/11/2017 8:48 pm
(@nko)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

#WhatsMyName ? Will Black Americans DITCH Their ‘Slave Names’ On Juneteenth 2018? ?

The reason for changing my name legally was so that when dealing with the government or the economic system or foreign entities I never have to give or answer to a slave name. If you don't deal with any of the above then you got no problem just calling yourself whatever you want.

I realized after having received my Akan name for several years that I still had to in the professional world introduce myself and sign with a slave name. So I legally changed it.

Does one have a slave name on ones postal mail? Drivers license? Passport? Professional license? Pay check? Bank account? Titles for vehicles and property? Educational degrees and certificates?retirement or social security checks? Child support or welfare checks? Credit rating? Credit cards? But then give an alias Afrikan nickname to your social acquaintances?

The question can legitimately come up about what are you trying to hide?

Yes there is a tax for living and doing business in a country. License fees, passport fees, title registration fees, etc. Part of that involves the use of a legal entity called your name. If you want to use a name you must register it unless you were given it at birth and it was registered for you. And for that there is a fee.

Many criminals use aliases to escape government notice. If you are trying to escape debt or prosecution then legally changing your name makes no sense. The process of legal name change is to make it possible for creditors and government agencies to be able to find you.

We don't want to legitimize the oppressive usa government yet we spend our lives paying it taxes and fees and voting. Yet when it comes to self definition we won't pay a penny.

We won't consider repatriation or even visiting Afrika.

If your parents did not have the consciousness to give you a proper name then part of the price for your psychological, psychic and legal freedom is to purchase the right to use a proper name from the state apparatus under which you reside.

There is more than one way to change ones name. If you live in the usa I recommend referring to the Nolo Press book on changing your name.

I did and found it very useful and it helped me change my name on all of my documents except one where the school had closed for business.

Malcolm X was famous and was well known by his name. Did he pay taxes as mr X? Did his drivers license and passport say Malcolm X? If they did he had to pay money to the government to make them so.

Is changing your name socially and not legally just posturing or showing off? Does being serious about changing the ones name mean taking the trouble to make it your name in all areas of human interaction? Using a slave name in any area of interaction was unacceptable to me. Is it to you?

If one doesn't have any of the above documents or any certifications that you need to conduct your business - you still have to put that slave name on your tax return and sign it on the back of your refund check.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eabibitumikasa%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fshowpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D255910&share_tid=227025&share_fid=68202&share_type=t&share_pid=255910

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/11/2017 10:31 pm
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGyQ2YEaU8

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/11/2017 7:42 pm
(@hi_free_quency)
BlackJestic Kmty Registered

So are we saying that we can't have a real Afrikan consciousness until our name is changed in the system?

[This is addressing Brother NKO's post, I was unable to reply with quote]

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/11/2017 7:56 am
(@hi_free_quency)
BlackJestic Kmty Registered

Omawali;256034 wrote: Good point Hi Free-quency. It is not the name that defines the individual. It is the individual that defines the individual. I understand their argument, but at the same time I know myself. Now granted I have instructed my son to change his name when he gets of age, before he gets married and accumulate many things as daddy has. My wife would not approve of me changing my son name or really mine at this point. That's just not a bridge worth creating for myself. Physically we are all slaves. No matter what your name is. Spiritually many of us are free, and it's not because of our name. It's because of our conscious. My slave name lets me know just who and what I am in this physical body, and who my oppressors are. They could never never never be trusted. The most important thing to me that I gave them back was that bullshit god, Jesus, religion, celebration, and all traditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

Indeed Baba. As I understand, there are levels to this consciousness and knowledge of self. Having or changing to an Afrikan name is a part of it, but does not necessarily equate to having an Afrikan consciousness, and Dr. Ọbádélé alluded to this point in the video below. I like to point out that our most revered Afrikan warrior scholars do not have an Afrikan name, and on the other hand, there are Afrikans with Afrikan names who have lost their Afrikan consciousness. I understand the argument of the "double consciousness" for those who use a slave name in public, and then an Afrikan name among Afrikan circles. Maybe it is a double consciousness or double identity to a certain degree, but personally, my orientation is strictly Afrikan liberation and empowerment no matter how my name is on public record. And I've come to the realization that it is not all about myself. Asa father, what is most important is that my seeds no longer carry a European slave name and that they are born into rich Afrikan consciousness that I did not have the luxury to have.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/11/2017 12:03 am
Page 1 / 3

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

X
X
X