Forum

aK Discussion Serie...

Notifications
Clear all

aK Discussion Series! - Dr. Chukwunyere Kamalu : Person, Divinity & Nature - Book Discussion

Page 3 / 4
(@kevlew)
BlackStonishing Kmty Admin

All attending, please choose to dial in and use the access code or join via the internet but please do not do both at the same time. This will cause a lot of feedback. Meda mo ase...

We must act as if we answer to, and only answer to, our Ancestors, our children, and the unborn.

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/08/2017 10:28 pm
(@tenkamenin)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

I'm excited about tomorrow's discussion! :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2017 11:10 pm
(@kevlew)

Tenkamenin;244088 wrote: I'm excited about tomorrow's discussion! :D

So am I man...

We must act as if we answer to, and only answer to, our Ancestors, our children, and the unborn.

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/08/2017 11:30 pm
(@kevlew)

Tenkamenin;244088 wrote: I'm excited about tomorrow's discussion! :D

I am actually meeting with Dr. Kamalu at 11am to make sure everything is straight for the discussion.

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 04/08/2017 11:31 pm
(@tenkamenin)

kevlew;244090 wrote: I am actually meeting with Dr. Kamalu at 11am to make sure everything is straight for the discussion.

Amilcar Cabral

You da man! Your interviews are always insightful and filled with intelligent questions. Thanks for setting this up!

Sent from my iPhone using Abibitumi Kasa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/08/2017 11:45 pm
(@kevlew)

Tenkamenin;244092 wrote: You da man! Your interviews are always insightful and filled with intelligent questions. Thanks for setting this up!

Nah....just doing what I can until I can do more.

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/08/2017 7:22 am
(@tenkamenin)

I'm going to have to be in the background. I'm still setting up stuff for my daughters birthday party.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2017 2:04 pm
(@kevlew)

Tenkamenin;244155 wrote: I'm going to have to be in the background. I'm still setting up stuff for my daughters birthday party.

No problem. Recording on the way

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/08/2017 3:18 pm
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin

BlackTastic, thought-provoking event!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 05/08/2017 3:32 pm
(@kevlew)

Obadele Kambon;244162 wrote: BlackTastic, thought-provoking event!

Meda wo ase ! Already excited for the 2nd part! Gonna start at 1pm next time I am thinking

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/08/2017 3:37 pm
(@kevlew)

There were a few follow up questions at the end of the discussion. Please let me know what they were and I will pose. Look for part 2 coming soon!!

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 05/08/2017 4:48 pm
(@tenkamenin)

I look forward to part 2, I really enjoyed the call.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2017 3:27 am
(@kevlew)

All I wanted to share this feedback from Dr. Kamalu that he emailed me.

Next discussion I would like to give more time to addressing one of the final questions raised by Institute for African Studies in relation to the charge of "essentialising" a broad range of African belief systems. As I said last night one is not claiming that there are not many varied belief systems among African language groups. However, returning back to Kemetic traditions we are more able to appreciate that there are essential aspects of African thought that are common, so that although we are not saying there is one absolute African worldview, these common aspects can be viewed systemically, so that in a broad sense Africans do have a view of the world that considers all of the essential areas of universal philosophical concern that is more or less unique to the continent when we look at ideas of the person and the cosmos. Last night I gave the examples of ideas of the person as multiple selves through the continent and in antiquity, and the emergence of the creation of the world from a primeval inundation. But I could have also referred to the way in which Africans use number and divination, the cycle of the continuity of the living the ancestors and the unborn, the kinship of human community and the plant kingdom as shown in the planting of the umbilical cord the with seed of the mango tree, etc . I earlier had also given a further example, such as the aloofness of the supreme being through the continent and in antiquity and the separation of earth/sky, heaven/earth, visible world/invisible world as illustrated in African mythology. There are so many aspects of African thought among different African language groups that are common, it would be wrong to dismiss the correlations and this would only serve to make African beliefs appear more disparate and nonsensical and seemingly without system or logical basis, which is not the case. I hope to cover this better in our next discussion.

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 06/08/2017 9:39 am
(@ayawale_ewende)
BlackStanding Kmty Registered

kevlew;244203 wrote: All I wanted to share this feedback from Dr. Kamalu that he emailed me.

Next discussion I would like to give more time to addressing one of the final questions raised by Institute for African Studies in relation to the charge of "essentialising" a broad range of African belief systems. As I said last night one is not claiming that there are not many varied belief systems among African language groups. However, returning back to Kemetic traditions we are more able to appreciate that there are essential aspects of African thought that are common, so that although we are not saying there is one absolute African worldview, these common aspects can be viewed systemically, so that in a broad sense Africans do have a view of the world that considers all of the essential areas of universal philosophical concern that is more or less unique to the continent when we look at ideas of the person and the cosmos. Last night I gave the examples of ideas of the person as multiple selves through the continent and in antiquity, and the emergence of the creation of the world from a primeval inundation. But I could have also referred to the way in which Africans use number and divination, the cycle of the continuity of the living the ancestors and the unborn, the kinship of human community and the plant kingdom as shown in the planting of the umbilical cord the with seed of the mango tree, etc . I earlier had also given a further example, such as the aloofness of the supreme being through the continent and in antiquity and the separation of earth/sky, heaven/earth, visible world/invisible world as illustrated in African mythology. There are so many aspects of African thought among different African language groups that are common, it would be wrong to dismiss the correlations and this would only serve to make African beliefs appear more disparate and nonsensical and seemingly without system or logical basis, which is not the case. I hope to cover this better in our next discussion.

Amilcar Cabral

Hey Kevlew! I just finished listening to part 2 yesterday. Great interview! In the book I found the concept of multiple selves very interesting, especially in regards to schizophrenia. I think having this understanding would be very beneficial in Afrikan psychology. I'm trying to understand this concept better myself. Are these "selves" different aspects of the Supreme Being that come together in our bodies to help us to fulfill our destinies? Could they be equated to the chakra system? Also, would the heart self (thinking/feeling part of our selves) be equivalent to the ego, and the ancestral self be equivlalent to our DNA?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2017 2:33 pm
(@kevlew)

Ayawale Ewende;247948 wrote: Hey Kevlew! I just finished listening to part 2 yesterday. Great interview! In the book I found the concept of multiple selves very interesting, especially in regards to schizophrenia. I think having this understanding would be very beneficial in Afrikan psychology. I'm trying to understand this concept better myself. Are these "selves" different aspects of the Supreme Being that come together in our bodies to help us to fulfill our destinies? Could they be equated to the chakra system? Also, would the heart self (thinking/feeling part of our selves) be equivalent to the ego, and the ancestral self be equivlalent to our DNA?

Meda wo ase me nua. Allow me to respond later. I want to give some references if possible.

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 01/09/2017 2:55 pm
Page 3 / 4
Share:

Sign up for this exclusive Abibitumi Saturday Seminar Series with the one and only Ɔbenfo (Prof) Baba James Small and prepare to go from information to transformation in terms of your daily choices in the interest of Kmtyw (Black people) and Kmt (the Land of Black people).
X
X
X
X