Africa and Africans...

Africa and Africans in Abrahamic religions  

Page 1 / 3

(@dessalinesthabrave)
BlackDerful Afrikan Registered

This topic is a compilation of quotes and information about Africans in Christian, Judaic, and Islamic traditions.

This is in no way any justification for the support of Abrahamic religions in Africa. This topic is for those who are simply interested in this subject, regardless of religion.

Posted : 01/26/2019 10:25 pm
(@dessalinesthabrave)

Zerah the Ethiopian attacks king Asa of Judah with a force of a million Africans.

|καὶ ἐξῆλθεν ἐπ’ αὐτοὺς Ζαρὲ ὁ Αἰθίοψ ἐν δυνάμει ἐν χιλίαις χιλιάσι καὶ ἅρμασι τριακοσίοις, καὶ ἦλθεν ἕως Μαρισά. |

“And Zare the Ethiopian went out against them, with a force of a million, and three hundred chariots; and came to Maresa.” 2 chronicles 14:9

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2019 10:34 pm
(@dessalinesthabrave)

Taharka's march against the Assyrians cause Sennacherib the emperor of Assyria to retreat.

|καὶ ἤκουσε περὶ Θαρακὰ βασιλέως Αἰθιόπων λέγων· ἰδοὺ ἐξῆλθε πολεμεῖν μετὰ σοῦ. καὶ ἐπέστρεψε καὶ ἀπέστειλεν ἀγγέλους πρὸς ᾿Εζεκίαν λέγων·|

“And he heard concerning Tharaca king of the Ethiopians, saying, Behold, he is come forth to fight with thee: and he returned, and sent messengers to Ezekias, saying” 2 kings 19:9 

|ἐξῆλθε Θαρακὰ βασιλεὺς Αἰθιόπων πολιορκῆσαι αὐτόν· καὶ ἀκούσας ἀπέστρεψε καὶ ἀπέστειλεν ἀγγέλους πρὸς ᾿Εζεκίαν λέγων·|

“And Tharaca king of the Ethiopians went forth to attack him. And when he heard it, he turned aside, and sent messengers to Ezekias, saying,” Isiah 37:9

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2019 10:38 pm
(@dessalinesthabrave)

Black Virgin of Le Puy (Vierge Noir du Puy)

Black Virgin of Le Puy (Vierge Noir du Puy)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2019 10:43 pm
(@dessalinesthabrave)

La Virgen de Montserrat, hacia 1645

La Virgen de Montserrat, hacia 1645

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2019 10:46 pm
(@kevlew)
BlackStonishing Afrikan Admin

Ahh I see the theme now 

“Intellectuals ought to study the past not for the pleasure they find in so doing, but to derive lessons from it”

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2019 10:51 pm
(@dessalinesthabrave)

According to Islamic tradition, Moses was a black man. This explains why in the bible Moses was mistaken for an Egyptian and his hand turned white.

The hadiths from Sahih Muslim, Bukhari and Ahmad.

وَرَأَيْتُ مُوسَى أَسْحَمَ آدَم
“I saw Musa (Moses) and he was a black-skinned man.”
Musnad Imam Ahmed Hadith # 3365

أَمَّا مُوسَى فَرَجُلٌ آدَمُ جَعْد
“As for Musa/Moses, he is a black-skinned man with very curly hair.”

AL Qurtubi, the famous interprator of the Qur'an says when talking about Musa's (AS) appearance:

وكان موسى أسمر شديد السمرة
"Musa (Moses) was extremely dark brown in skin color."

At Tabari says in the Tafsir about Prophet Musa's sign of his hand turning white:

وكان موسى، فيما ذكر لنا، آدم، فجعل الله تحول يده بيضاء من غير برص، له آية
"According to what we were told, Musa (Moses) was black-skinned and Allah made Musa’s hand turning white, without being affected by leprosy, a sign for him."

Tafsir of the same verse by al Baidawi:

أنه عليه السلام كان آدم شديد الأدمة ، فأدخل يده في جيبه أو تحت إبطه ثم نزعها فإذا هي بيضاء نورانية غلب شعاعها شعاع الشمس
"It is related that Musa (pbuh) was black-skinned. He put his hand in his pocket or under his armpit and took it out and it was white."

This post was modified 10 months ago by dessalinesthabrave
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2019 10:56 pm
(@dessalinesthabrave)

God in the bible reminded the Hebrews of their African origin.

οὐχ ὡς υἱοὶ Αἰθιόπων ὑμεῖς ἐστε ἐμοί, υἱοὶ ᾿Ισραήλ; λέγει Κύριος. οὐ τὸν ᾿Ισραὴλ ἀνήγαγον ἐκ γῆς Αἰγύπτου καὶ τοὺς ἀλλοφύλους ἐκ Καππαδοκίας καὶ τοὺς Σύρους ἐκ βόθρου;

Are not ye to me as the children of the Ethiopians, O Children of Israel? saith the Lord. Did I not bring Israel up out of the land of Egypt, and the Philistines from Cappadocia, and the Syrians out of the deep?

The Roman historian Tactius states that many people believed the Hebrews to be an Ethiopian race.

"plerique Aethiopumprolem, quos rege Cepheo metus atque odium mutare sedis perpulerit"

"Many state that they (Jews) are the progeny of the Ethiopians, who were impelled by fear and detestation to change their abode in the reign of king Cepheus."

Cornelius Tacitus, Historiae 5.2

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/26/2019 11:20 pm
(@dessalinesthabrave)

Luqman Al Hakim who was known as the wisest man of the east was an African from Nubia. He was renowned for being an pious man and full of wisdom. Luqman was so famous for his wisdom that there is a proverb "to teach wisdom to Luqman" is equivalent to obi mfa afetrefetre enko huam. "nobody carries foreskins to hua" or  "carrying coals to Newcastle." He is said to have lived during the reign of king David and was reported to be his successor but he refused wanting to be a simple wise man instead. It is hinted that Luqman al Hakim is the teacher of Solomon the wise.  

Luqman was a shepherd by trade and it is said that he also worked as a tailor and some say he was a carpenter. One day Allah sent the angel Jibra’il to Luqman and he gave him a choice of being granted kingship or wisdom and he chose wisdom. 

31st Surah in the Quran is dedicated to him. “Indeed, We (Allah) blessed Luqman with wisdom.” (Luqman:12)

It was reported in some hadith that after he was blessed with great wisdom Allah tested him with a great tribulation. Luqman was captured by slavers and sold into slavery unjustly. The man who bought him recognized his high level of intelligence and wisdom and as a test he told him to slaughter a sheep and bring to him the two best parts. Luqman did as he was instructed and brought him the heart and the tongue. The slave owner then told him to do the same thing but this time to bring him the two worst parts, so Luqman did as instructed and brought him once again the heart and the tongue of the slaughtered sheep. The man was puzzled by this and asked him to explain his choices. Luqman told him that if the heart and tongue are upright then they are the best parts of the body, but if they are corrupt then they are the worst parts of the body. The slave owner was delighted by this and soon word spread of the great wisdom of this Ethiopian  (Kushite) slave. People came from far and wide to speak to him and seek his advice and guidance.

A man came to Luqman one day whilst he was in a majlis with a large group of people and he said to him, “Aren’t you the slave who used to tend sheep with me in such and such a place?” Luqman replied, “Yes.” Then he continued to ask, ” So how did you reach the position that I see today?!” Luqman said, “By Allah’s decree, fulfilling the trust, honest speech and not talking about things that don’t concern me.”

In another narration a man approached Luqman and said, “You’re Luqman, the slave of Bani Hishaas.” Luqman said, “Yes.” He continued, “You’re the black man who tends to sheep with me!” Luqman replied, “As for my skin color then that is quite apparent, but what is it that perplexes you?” The man said, “How the people sit at your feet, wait at your door, and are so pleased by the things that you say!” Luqman said, “O son of my brother! If you do as I say then your situation can be the same: I lower my gaze, I guard my tongue, I am moderate when I eat, I guard my private parts, I perform my duties, I fulfil my covenants, I honor my guests, I take care of my neighbor, and I don’t talk about things that don’t concern me. That is how I was blessed with this stature.” This Hadith was narrated by Ibn J arir after lbn Hamid after Al-Hakam

On his race 
"It was related that a black man came to Said ibn Musaib Radiyallahu’ anhu (A wise man too) for asking him advice and Said told him to not worry for being black and he reminded him as follows: “the best of men are three blacks whose names are: Bilal, Mahjaâ and Luqman the wise.”

Writing in the 14th century, Ibn Kathir describes Luqman in Al-Bidayah wan-Nihayah:
He is Luqman Ibn ‘Anqa’ Ibn Sadun. Or, as stated by As-Suhaili from Ibn Jarir and Al-Qutaibi that he is Luqman Ibn Tharan who was from among the people of Aylah (Jerusalem).
He was a pious man who exerted himself in worship and who was blessed with wisdom. Also, it is said that he was a judge during the lifetime of Prophet Dawud (Peace be upon him). And, Allah knows best.
Narrated Sufyan Ath- Thawri from Al-Ash’ath after ‘Ikrimah on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) as saying: He was an Ethiopian slave who worked as a carpenter. Qatadah narrated from’ Abdullah Ibn Az-Zubair as saying: I asked Jabir Ibn ‘Abdullah about Luqman. He said: “He was short with a flat nose. He was from Nubia
Narrated Yahia Ibn Sa’ id Al-Ansari after Sa’ id Ibn Al-Musayib his saying: Luqman belonged to the black men of Egypt. He had thick lips and Allah the Almighty granted him wisdom but not Prophethood. Al-Awza’i said: I was told by ‘Abdur Rahman Ibn Harmalah: that a black man came to Sa’ id Ibn AI­Musayib asking him for charity. Sa’ id said: do not feel distressed for your black color because there were from among the best of all people three blackmen: Bilal Ibn Rabah, Mahja’ (the freed-slave of ‘Umar Ibn Al-Khattab), and Luqman, the wise who was black, from Nubia and whose lips were thick.
Narrated Al-A’mash after Mujahid: Luqman was a black huge slave, thick-lipped, and cracked­footed. ‘Umar Ibn Qais said: “Luqman was a black slave, thick-lipped and cracked-footed. 

"ln his age flourished Lokman the wise,  in the country of Ailah and Madyan: his full name is Lokman ben anka ben maydan ben merwan. He was a Nubian "  

Kitab Muruj Al-dahab Al-Masudi. El-Masudis Historical Encyclopaedia ...

By 'Abu-l-Hasan 'Ali ibn al-Husain al-Masudi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/27/2019 3:46 pm
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Afrikan! Admin
Posted by: dessalinesthabrave

God in the bible reminded the Hebrews of their African origin.

οὐχ ὡς υἱοὶ Αἰθιόπων ὑμεῖς ἐστε ἐμοί, υἱοὶ ᾿Ισραήλ; λέγει Κύριος. οὐ τὸν ᾿Ισραὴλ ἀνήγαγον ἐκ γῆς Αἰγύπτου καὶ τοὺς ἀλλοφύλους ἐκ Καππαδοκίας καὶ τοὺς Σύρους ἐκ βόθρου;

Are not ye to me as the children of the Ethiopians, O Children of Israel? saith the Lord. Did I not bring Israel up out of the land of Egypt, and the Philistines from Cappadocia, and the Syrians out of the deep?

The Roman historian Tactius states that many people believed the Hebrews to be an Ethiopian race.

"plerique Aethiopumprolem, quos rege Cepheo metus atque odium mutare sedis perpulerit"

"Many state that they (Jews) are the progeny of the Ethiopians, who were impelled by fear and detestation to change their abode in the reign of king Cepheus."

Working on a presentation now "What was israel in relation to Black people." Replacing biblical fairy tales with primary sources. 

Ma ku Mbôngi, ka matômbulawanga za ko. "The community's political institution does not borrow foreign dialects to discuss its political matters or to educate its' members" – Kikôngo proverb “The history of Africa will remain suspended in air and cannot be written correctly until African historians connect it with the history of Egypt [...] The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is neither modest or objective, nor unruffled, he is ignorant, cowardly, and neurotic.” – Cheikh Anta Diop, The African Origin of Civilization: Myth or Reality "African champions must break the chain that links African ideas to European ones and listen to the voice of the ancestors without European interpreters." – Jacob Carruthers, Mdw Ntr
Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD Email: info@abibitumi.com Skype: obadele.kambon Paypal: www.paypal.me/akali Abibifahodie Family of Websites:
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumikasa.com | www.abibifahodie.com | www.abibifahodie.org www.sankofajourney.com | www.letsbuyblack.com | www.asaseheals.com www.kamaukambon.org | www.amakambon.com | www.bennucenter.com www.nubusinesssolutions.com | www.onipa.com | www.lastblackman.com

Ọbádélé Kambon's Personal app for Android
Abibitumi Kasa Social Education Network App for Android
Abibitumi Chat App for Android
Abibitumi Chat App for iOS

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/27/2019 6:21 pm
(@kevlew)
BlackStonishing Afrikan Admin

Is it a problem that at the so-called time of Moses there was no place called Egypt........and the people didn't call themselves by that name?

“Intellectuals ought to study the past not for the pleasure they find in so doing, but to derive lessons from it”

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/27/2019 8:42 pm
(@dessalinesthabrave)

i must add that the word "plerique" in Latin means "Majority". The white translators used the word "Many" to try to hide the fact that majority of people during the time Tacitus thought the Jews were descendants of tropical Africans whom white scholars admit were black.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/28/2019 1:06 pm
(@dessalinesthabrave)

According to the bible, Egypt (Africa) saved Abraham from famine and greatly enriched him with gold, silver, and cattle so he can rebuild.

10 And there was a famine in the land (Israel/Canaan), and Abram (Abraham) went down to Egypt to sojourn there, because the famine prevailed in the land. 11 And it came to pass when Abram drew nigh to enter into Egypt, Abram said to Sara his wife, I know that thou art a fair woman. 12 It shall come to pass then that when the Egyptians shall see thee, they shall say, This is his wife, and they shall slay me, but they shall save thee alive. Say, therefore, I am his sister, that it may be well with me on account of thee, and my soul shall live because of thee.

(According to diodorus siculus, the Ancient Egyptians (kemetians) prior to psamtik I had a close door policy to none Africans)

1. And Abram went up out of Egypt, he and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the wilderness. 2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, and silver, and gold.

Genesis chp 12-13

egerton genesis picture book the story of abraham and sarah norfolk england 1375

egerton genesis pictures book the story of abraham and sarah norfolk england 1375

portrait of Abraham and Sarah in Egypt (notice the Ancient Egyptians (kemetians) are depicted as Africans)

Egerton genesis picture book- the story of abraham and sarah norfolk england 1375

This post was modified 10 months ago 2 times by dessalinesthabrave
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/29/2019 2:19 am
(@dessalinesthabrave)

Hester Lynch Thrale asks the question about the origin of the black Madonnas in Europe. 

Observations and reflections made in the course of a journey through France, Italy, and Germany.

Observations and reflections made in the course of a journey through France, Italy, and Germany. by Hester Lynch Thrale

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/30/2019 1:32 am
(@dessalinesthabrave)

The Message - Bilal Giving the 1st Call to Prayer

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/01/2019 3:34 pm
Page 1 / 3

Leave a reply

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share: