Forum

The Deep Thought of...

Notifications
Clear all

The Deep Thought of Baba Jedi Shemsu Jehewty (Dr. Jacob Carruthers)

Page 1 / 6
(@heru_djet)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

The Europeans, since 1440, have been reorganizing the world. The world we now live in was organized by them. They conquered the lands of all continents and unilaterally redesigned the social and biological modes of existence. They changed the course of rivers, removed mountains, and built deserts. They created scarcity in the land of abundance. They moved populations from one continent to another. They created new races. They established themselves as the master race and all others as their servants. They made what they like good and everything else bad.

In order to liberate ourselves we must take the world and then reorganize it according to our worldview. Only then will mankind be allowed to live in harmony with the universe. Only then will we be truly free.

-Jacob H. Carruthers, Intellectual Warfare

Topic starter Posted : 13/02/2007 9:52 pm
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin

Ẹ ṣé fún àwọn ọ̀rọ̀ wọ̀nyí. Baba Jedi l'ọ́gbọ́n púpọ̀. Kí a ṣe ìrántí wọn kí ọgbọ́n wọn má baà parun. Àṣẹ!

Asante for these words. Baba Jedi was very wise. May we remember him that his wisdom not become extinct.

Ọbádélé

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/02/2007 2:15 pm
(@heru_djet)

"The beginnings of this miseducation go back to the beginnings of the exploration of the African coast by Europeans who had been hemmed in by Arabic power for six hundred years. In 1481, when the Portuguese arrived at the Congo-Ngola area, they initiated the process of miseducation of blacks as an instrument of exploitation. The Portuguese invaders persuaded the royal and noble families of the area to send their sons to Portugal for a European education. When these sons returned with Christian names, they began directing African society in the interest of the Portuguese. The physical slavery which the Portuguese started was facilitated by the mental slavery of the African leaders who had been educated by the Europeans. This model has endured for five hundred years as the most successful method by which Europeans defeat, control, exploit, and annihilate Africans."

-Jacob H. Carruthers, Intellectual Warfare

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/10/2015 3:00 pm
(@heru_djet)

"The process of Africanization and transformation cannot be separated neatly into two stages-they overlap. To transform the world according to an African-centered worldview means establishing a new African culture and a new African world civilization. We have to restore the African value system. Rather than continually struggling to make European-centered value systems more humane, we have to replace those value systems with one that is African-centered. We have been dealing with the alligators, we must now face the possibility that the solution to our problems may require that the swamp be drained. Too few of us have prepared ourselves to deal with this possibility."

-Jacob H. Carruthers, Black Intellectuals and the Crisis in Black Education

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 29/10/2015 3:07 pm
Agya Kwaku says Blacktastic
(@heru_djet)

“A truth to be fully comprehended must be perceived in as many dimensions as possible.”
-Essays in Ancient Egyptian Studies

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/11/2015 12:39 pm
Agya Kwaku says Blacktastic
(@heru_djet)

"Whenever one is engaged in the discovery, and/or collation, and/or dissemination of knowledge he is, consciously or not, legitimizing a particular theory of knowledge and knowing. That is, he is saying real knowledge is thus and so, or the way to know about something is to perform these approved operations."
-Jacob H. Carruthers, Science and Oppression

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/09/2016 12:17 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Heru Djet;201247 wrote: "Whenever one is engaged in the discovery, and/or collation, and/or dissemination of knowledge he is, consciously or not, legitimizing a particular theory of knowledge and knowing. That is, he is saying real knowledge is thus and so, or the way to know about something is to perform these approved operations."

One of my favorites. I plan on sliding it through for my class on academic writing.

Sent from my Uhuru Accu using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

ReplyQuote
Posted : 22/09/2016 2:51 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Heru Djet;201247 wrote: "Whenever one is engaged in the discovery, and/or collation, and/or dissemination of knowledge he is, consciously or not, legitimizing a particular theory of knowledge and knowing. That is, he is saying real knowledge is thus and so, or the way to know about something is to perform these approved operations."

Do you have a pdf version of S&O?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2016 1:06 pm
(@heru_djet)

Obadele Kambon;204718 wrote: Do you have a pdf version of S&O?

Yes, l do. Would you like a copy?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/10/2016 1:07 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Heru Djet;204719 wrote: Yes, l do. Would you like a copy?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

BlackSolutely! Asante.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2016 1:08 pm
(@obadelekambon)

"African champions must break the chain that links African ideas to European ones and listen to the voice of the ancestors without European interpreters."

-Jacob Carruthers, "Mdw Ntr"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2016 1:11 pm
(@heru_djet)

@Obadele Kambon, I just sent it to you.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/10/2016 1:38 pm
(@obadelekambon)

dwA sn nfr!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 21/10/2016 3:38 pm
(@heru_djet)

Obadele Kambon;204732 wrote: dwA sn nfr!

ntk iiti (you're welcome).

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/10/2016 9:09 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Heru Djet;205204 wrote: ntk iiti (you're welcome).

This seems like such a calque based on the English phrasing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/10/2016 12:45 am
Page 1 / 6

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

X
X