Forum

The Deep Thought of...

Notifications
Clear all

The Deep Thought of Baba Jedi Shemsu Jehewty (Dr. Jacob Carruthers)

Page 4 / 6
(@heru_djet)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

"Teaching by elders and learning by children is the only method for preserving the culture and for passing on the wisdom."
-Jacob H. Carruthers, Essays in Ancient Egyptian Studies

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/07/2017 6:50 pm
(@kevlew)
BlackStonishing Kmty Admin

Bump..........

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/09/2017 8:35 pm
(@kevlew)

We must act as if we answer to, and only answer to, our Ancestors, our children, and the unborn.

Amilcar Cabral

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2017 2:05 am
Tenkamenin says Blacktastic
(@heru_djet)

"We cannot move our people by borrowing our foundations from other people."

-Jacob H. Carruthers, Aswan, 1987

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/02/2018 8:49 pm
Kwadwo Tòkunbọ̀ says Blacktastic
(@heru_djet)

"The worst thing in the world is to be an unconscious African."

-Jacob H. Carruthers, Aswan, 1987

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/02/2018 8:49 pm
(@heru_djet)

"…those who have been waging the long war to liberate African history and culture have been fighting the following two battles: (1) an international war against European intellectuals and (2) a civil war against the colonized African spokespersons who are trained by Europeans to undermine African independence."

-Jacob H. Carruthers, Intellectual Warfare

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 21/02/2018 6:34 pm
(@heru_djet)

“Our temples have been desecrated. Our monuments have been reduced to ruins. Our ancestors have been denigrated. Our heritage has been ridiculed. Our people have been oppressed and suppressed. And what we have to do is to change all of that. We have to restore that which is in ruin. We have to rebuild those temples that have been destroyed. We have to restore African spirituality. We have to restore that which is in ruin. We have to rebuild those temples that have been destroyed. We have to restore African spirituality.

As I said, we have to stop just simply talking about it. We must link those oases that are scattered out throughout humanity, throughout African humanity. We have to link those oases up together. Coordinate what they are doing and reestablish African spirituality because the forces we are up against are organized and unified in significant sense. Even though they have their fights, you know, but look at the power of the Catholic Church, the Roman Church. Look at the power of the Greek Church. Look at the power of Islam. Look at the power, even of Buddhism. We have to realize that we are in a world now where spirituality has to be united in order…I’m sorry to say, this may sound inconsistent with spirituality-but in order to fight this spiritual war. We have to do it.”
-Jacob H. Carruthers

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/03/2018 10:36 pm
(@heru_djet)

“The Kemite principle of universal order is Maat. Maat is more often encountered in its ethical context, but as a conceptualization it transcends the bounds of human interaction and becomes the foundation for cosmic direction.”
-Jacob H. Carruthers

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 07/03/2018 10:38 pm
(@heru_djet)
I think that at the heart of Dr. Carruthers's view of the centrality of spirituality was a view that the colonization of our ontologies and epistemologies would confound our efforts at liberation. That is, one cannot articulate an African vision of reality within alien paradigms.

“Restoration of African civilization is not possible without a return to African spirituality.”
- Dr. Jacob Carruthers
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 08/03/2018 11:05 am
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin
Posted by: Heru Djet
I think that at the heart of Dr. Carruthers's view of the centrality of spirituality was a view that the colonization of our ontologies and epistemologies would confound our efforts at liberation. That is, one cannot articulate an African vision of reality within alien paradigms.

“Restoration of African civilization is not possible without a return to African spirituality.”
- Dr. Jacob Carruthers

This is an astute observation. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2018 2:02 pm
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin

"…those who have been waging the long war to liberate African history and culture have been fighting the following two battles: (1) an international war against European intellectuals and (2) a civil war against the colonized African spokespersons who are trained by Europeans to undermine African independence."

Just thinking about this quote. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2018 7:35 pm
(@tenkamenin)
Posted by: Ọbádélé Kambon

Just thinking about this quote. 

I'm not in academia, but it appears that the Civil War against colonized Africans is the toughest battle of them all because it hampers our ability to organize. 

I remember in college, some of my professors wanted to change the name of our department from Pan African Studies to Black Studies because firstly, they felt that Black Americans are not African, and secondly, they wanted to make the Black American experience focal in our studies. 

My first introduction to the 42 Laws of Maat, was in my Intro to African American Studies Class, and my professor wanted to dive deeper into KMT but was warned she could not because it was not apart of the curriculum.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/03/2018 1:59 pm
Heru Djet says Blacktastic
(@kevlew)

Bump 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2018 3:42 pm
(@kevlew)

This is basis for a recent conversation I had.  The reAfrikanization process seems to embraced.......it is the dewhitenization that tends to be the struggle.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/05/2018 8:57 pm
Heru Djet says Blacktastic
(@heru_djet)

"Let us provide African thinkers something to think about"
-Last written words of Jacob H. Carruthers

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 18/05/2018 3:45 pm
Page 4 / 6

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

The Healing Power of Indigenous Herbs

In this Saturday Seminar Series Abusuapanin Asinɔ Ɔkata of Akuapem Mampɔn will take us on a journey into the science of indigenous healing the natural way. A world-renowned expert of herbal medicine, he will give practical herbs that anyone can use. Do not miss this amazing opportunity! Sign up now and free yourself from dependence on the pharmacy forever!
Saturday, January 8, 2021 at 4pm GMT.