Forum

The Deep Thought of...

Notifications
Clear all

The Deep Thought of Baba Jedi Shemsu Jehewty (Dr. Jacob Carruthers)

Page 5 / 6
(@kevlew)
BlackStonishing Kmty Admin

Wisdom

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/08/2018 7:13 am
Motingwa Motingwa and Heru Djet says Blacktastic
(@heru_djet)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

"If then we accept this as a valid worldview, it is apparent that our goal for reorganizing the world must include the restoration of a harmony among the Creator, Nature and man. This is the only world that produces happiness and the fulfillment of man. This means that the negative forces opposing this way of life must be made to not exist (to phrase it in Kemite fashion). In other words, to have peace one must nullify the destroyers without corrupting ourselves."

-Jacob H. Carruthers

This post was modified 3 years ago by Heru Djet
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 22/10/2018 9:39 am
Kwadwo Tòkunbọ̀ says Blacktastic
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin
Posted by: Heru Djet

"If then we accept this as a valid worldview, it is apparent that our goal for reorganizing the world must include the restoration of a harmony among the Creator, Nature and man. This is the only world that produces happiness and the fulfillment of man. This means that the negative forces opposing this way of life must be made to not exist (to phrase it in Kemite fashion). In other words, to have peace one must nullify the destroyers without corrupting ourselves."

-Jacob H. Carruthers

Simple, yet powerful. Restoring Ma'at. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/10/2018 5:30 pm
Heru Djet says Blacktastic
(@heru_djet)
Jacob H. Carruthers stated that within African spirituality we do not find a "ritual of dis-alienation", that is a ritual to restore the connection between humanity and the divine. We do not find this because humanity was conceived as divine.

He explained that the practice of African spirituality in kmt was concerned with the practice of mAat--order, truth, righteousness. mdw nfr, or good speech was a means of this practice. mdw nfr when elevated to its highest form, became mdw nTr, or divine speech.

The centrality of mdw or speech within the spirituality of kmt was linked to conceptualization of humanity's maximal development. mdw was the mediator between thought and action. A controlled tongue reflected an ordered mind and moderation in action. As speech was a means of personal development, Carruthers stated that the person who had achieved their full potential possessed siA--exceptional insight, hw--a commanding tongue, and hkA--the ability to manifest their will in the world. These were not magical qualities but simply the consequence of self-mastery, that is living mAat.

Thus, Carruthers articulated a vision of African spirituality as a means whereby we 1) reoriented ourselves in time and space, 2) drew from the deep well of African wisdom and applied these lessons in our lives, 3) reclaimed an African worldview, and 4) transformed ourselves. Ultimately he posited that "We're not going anywhere without African spirituality" or that our journey through the desert will be unending so long as we remain mired in the fundamental alienation of this culture which seeks to nurture the values of the wasteland within us.

In African spirituality Jacob H. Carruthers saw a path out of the desert, to a fertile valley, and to the restoration of African civilization.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/10/2018 1:46 am
(@tenkamenin)
Jacob H. Carruthers stated that within African spirituality we do not find a "ritual of dis-alienation", that is a ritual to restore the connection between humanity and the divine. We do not find this because humanity was conceived as divine.

He explained that the practice of African spirituality in kmt was concerned with the practice of mAat--order, truth, righteousness. mdw nfr, or good speech was a means of this practice. mdw nfr when elevated to its highest form, became mdw nTr, or divine speech.

The centrality of mdw or speech within the spirituality of kmt was linked to conceptualization of humanity's maximal development. mdw was the mediator between thought and action. A controlled tongue reflected an ordered mind and moderation in action. As speech was a means of personal development, Carruthers stated that the person who had achieved their full potential possessed siA--exceptional insight, hw--a commanding tongue, and hkA--the ability to manifest their will in the world. These were not magical qualities but simply the consequence of self-mastery, that is living mAat.

Thus, Carruthers articulated a vision of African spirituality as a means whereby we 1) reoriented ourselves in time and space, 2) drew from the deep well of African wisdom and applied these lessons in our lives, 3) reclaimed an African worldview, and 4) transformed ourselves. Ultimately he posited that "We're not going anywhere without African spirituality" or that our journey through the desert will be unending so long as we remain mired in the fundamental alienation of this culture which seeks to nurture the values of the wasteland within us.

In African spirituality Jacob H. Carruthers saw a path out of the desert, to a fertile valley, and to the restoration of African civilization.

I appreciate your blogs, and I find them very informative and concise. 

"Carruthers stated that the person who had achieved their full potential possessed siA--exceptional insight, hw --a commanding tongue, and hkA--the ability to manifest their will in the world."

When I read Nana Carruther's book "Mdw Ntr," I added those three qualities to my list of essentials for measuring management effectiveness.

1) When I talk to an entrepreneur about financing, I want them to demonstrate exceptional insight into the market they're entering, competition landscape, opportunities, what if scenarios, etc. 

2) When you're seeking capital, it's essential to make your pitch convincing and concise. In the business world we talk a lot about an elevator pitch, which is intended to grab the listeners attention in 30 seconds or less. Being able to articulate your vision and next steps are important. 

3) I don't expect every entrepreneur to have a finished product before they see me, but I want them to have skin in the game and to demonstrate they have the ability to handle the next phase.

Until you've mastered all three things, you're not ready to go from Musoni to Kala or from startup to financing.  

This post was modified 3 years ago 11 times by Tenkamenin
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 1:45 pm
Heru Djet says Blacktastic
(@obadelekambon)
Posted by: Tenkamenin

"Carruthers stated that the person who had achieved their full potential possessed siA--exceptional insight, hw --a commanding tongue, and hkA--the ability to manifest their will in the world."

When I read Nana Carruther's book "Mdw Ntr," I added those three qualities to my list of essentials for measuring management effectiveness.

1) When I talk to an entrepreneur about financing, I want them to demonstrate exceptional insight into the market they're entering, competition landscape, opportunities, what if scenarios, etc. 

2) When you're seeking capital, it's essential to make your pitch convincing and concise. In the business world we talk a lot about the elevator speech, 30 seconds or less to grab the listeners attention.  Nonetheless being able to articulate your vision and next steps are important. 

3) I don't expect every entrepreneur to have a finished product before they see me, but I want them to have skin in the game and to demonstrate they have the ability to handle the next phase.

Until you've mastered all three things, you're not ready to go from Musoni to Kala or from startup to financing.  

Interesting application of this to business @tenkamenin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/11/2018 2:05 pm
(@tenkamenin)
Posted by: Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD

2) When you're seeking capital, it's essential to make your pitch convincing and concise. In the business world we talk a lot about the elevator speech, 30 seconds or less to grab the listeners attention.  Nonetheless being able to articulate your vision and next steps are important. 

As I mentioned in the past, I use the Dikenga model to consult. I’ve modified the Dikenga model by placing the siA, hu, and hkA in between the Musoni and Kala.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2018 1:15 am
(@obadelekambon)

As I mentioned in the past, I use the Dikenga model to consult. I’ve modified the Dikenga model by placing the siA, hu, and hkA in between the Musoni and Kala.

Interesting. Remember that luvèmba is both the end of a cycle and the beginning of a cycle at the same time. This is also why, in Kmt, Atum is the Creator nTr while tm is 'perish, cease'

N'kulu Fu-Kiâu discusses the similar concept here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncJTH6tJdiY&t=1959s

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2018 7:44 am
(@heru_djet)

2) When you're seeking capital, it's essential to make your pitch convincing and concise. In the business world we talk a lot about an elevator pitch, which is intended to grab the listeners attention in 30 seconds or less. Being able to articulate your vision and next steps are important. 

This is a fascinating application. Asante sana for sharing.

KR

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 02/11/2018 8:09 am
(@tenkamenin)

Interesting. Remember that luvèmba is both the end of a cycle and the beginning of a cycle at the same time. This is also why, in Kmt, Atum is the Creator nTr while tm is 'perish, cease'

N'kulu Fu-Kiâu discusses the similar concept here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncJTH6tJdiY&t=1959s

Nana medase pii!

I will read that section again and will readjust my model and share sometime next week.

In regards to these 3 essential qualities, it appears that one leads to the other, so if you have exceptional insight you should be able to communicate it effectively with conviction, which in turn leads to manifestation in the physical.

These leadership qualities aptly explain the Garvey movement’s rise. For example, from reading the volumes of works of Marcus Garvey compiled by Dr. Robert Hill, there’s no doubt that Garvey had incredible insight into our plight. Furthermore, Garvey was well known for his written and oral communication skills, so much so that his Black Star Newspaper reached Afrika and Australia. Although his Black Starship did not do all it intended (owing to the evil one's agenda), Garvey’s vision and communication were effective enough to convince the poorest amongst us to invest their last nickel into the Black Star line. 

At a few community events in the past, I've heard speakers say, 

”Garvey was able to do so much without a cell phone and social media so what’s wrong us today?”

My question is, are we stuck at the siA? The drive to obtain exceptional insight is triggered by wonder and curiosity. Wonder and curiosity are crucial for problem-solving. Wonder and curiosity lead to the development of incredible cultures, i.e. KMT.  Have we been stripped of the incredible ability to wonder? A few weeks ago, Dr. Rkhty was going over the Kemetic calendar and she asked us about our relationship to nature. I was embarrassed to say, that I look down so much I forget the stars in the sky. This in essence is the struggle of Afrikan people. We are preoccupied trying to survive and deal with the BS of racism, poverty, employment we forget to look up. 

We have an Adinkra symbol, “Nyame biribi wɔ sorɔ" which is translated as, “God is in the heavens” (hope). However I believe it could easily be be translated as “Nyame, something is above” which is a symbol of wonder and curiosity.

This post was modified 3 years ago 5 times by Tenkamenin
ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2018 2:10 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Nana medase pii!

I will read that section again and will readjust my model and share sometime next week.

In regards to these 3 essential qualities, it appears that one leads to the other, so if you have exceptional insight you should be able to communicate it effectively with conviction, which in turn leads to manifestation in the physical.

These leadership qualities aptly explain the Garvey movement’s rise. For example, from reading the volumes of works of Marcus Garvey compiled by Dr. Robert Hill, there’s no doubt that Garvey had incredible insight into our plight. Furthermore, Garvey was well known for his written and oral communication skills, so much so that his Black Star Newspaper reached Afrika and Australia. Although his Black Starship did not do all it intended (owing to the evil one's agenda), Garvey’s vision and communication were effective enough to convince the poorest amongst us to invest their last nickel into the Black Star line. 

At a few community events in the past, I've heard speakers say, 

”Garvey was able to do so much without a cell phone and social media so what’s wrong us today?”

My question is, are we stuck at the siA? The drive to obtain exceptional insight is triggered by wonder and curiosity. Wonder and curiosity are crucial for problem-solving. Wonder and curiosity lead to the development of incredible cultures, i.e. KMT.  Have we been stripped of the incredible ability to wonder? A few weeks ago, Dr. Rkhty was going over the Kemetic calendar and she asked us about our relationship to nature. I was embarrassed to say, that I look down so much I forget the stars in the sky. This in essence is the struggle of Afrikan people. We are preoccupied trying to survive and deal with the BS of racism, poverty, employment we forget to look up. 

We have an Adinkra symbol, “Nyame biribi wɔ sorɔ" which is translated as, “God is in the heavens” (hope). However I believe it could easily be be translated as “Nyame, something is above” which is a symbol of wonder and curiosity.

There, indeed, is a comma.

Arthur, K. (2001). Cloth as metaphor:(Re) reading the Adinkra cloth symbols of the Akan of Ghana. Accra: Centre for Indigenous Knowledge Systems., p. 138. 

Also, as you know may be aware, Nyame is not "God."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2018 3:32 pm
(@tenkamenin)

Yes, I’m aware. I got the translation from the link below.

http://www.adinkra.org/htmls/adinkra/nyabi.htm

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2018 4:07 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Yes, I’m aware. I got the translation from the link below.

http://www.adinkra.org/htmls/adinkra/nyabi.htm

Author of that site doesn't know Twi. (or at least didn't when the site was developed)

He had one called "sesa woruban" that I had to tell him was really "Sesa wo suban"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2018 4:21 pm
(@tenkamenin)

Is the person of African descent?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2018 4:56 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Mennim mpo. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2018 5:25 pm
Page 5 / 6

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

Sign up for this exclusive Abibitumi Saturday Seminar Series with the one and only Ɔbenfo (Prof) Baba James Small and prepare to go from information to transformation in terms of your daily choices in the interest of Kmtyw (Black people) and Kmt (the Land of Black people).
X
X
X
X