The Deep Thought of...

The Deep Thought of Baba Jedi Shemsu Jehewty (Dr. Jacob Carruthers)  

Page 6 / 6
  RSS
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Afrikan! Admin
Abibifahodie Wura!
Abibisika (Black Gold):8495

Mennim mpo. 

Ma ku Mbôngi, ka matômbulawanga za ko. "The community's political institution does not borrow foreign dialects to discuss its political matters or to educate its' members" – Kikôngo proverb “The history of Africa will remain suspended in air and cannot be written correctly until African historians connect it with the history of Egypt [...] The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is neither modest or objective, nor unruffled, he is ignorant, cowardly, and neurotic.” – Cheikh Anta Diop, The African Origin of Civilization: Myth or Reality "African champions must break the chain that links African ideas to European ones and listen to the voice of the ancestors without European interpreters." – Jacob Carruthers, Mdw Ntr
Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD Email: info@abibitumi.com Skype: obadele.kambon Paypal: www.paypal.me/akali Abibifahodie Family of Websites:
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumikasa.com | www.abibifahodie.com | www.abibifahodie.org www.sankofajourney.com | www.letsbuyblack.com | www.asaseheals.com www.kamaukambon.org | www.amakambon.com | www.bennucenter.com www.nubusinesssolutions.com | www.onipa.com | www.lastblackman.com

Ọbádélé Kambon's Personal app for Android
Abibitumi Kasa Social Education Network App for Android
Abibitumi Chat App for Android
Abibitumi Chat App for iOS

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2018 5:25 pm
 S&O
(@amaniahmose)
BlackTastic Afrikan Registered
Abibitumi Member
Abibisika (Black Gold):121

Sorry for going off topic but is "Cloth as metaphor" the best text on Adinkra symbols??

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2018 7:20 pm
(@obadelekambon)
Abibifahodie Wura!
Posted by: S&O

Sorry for going off topic but is "Cloth as metaphor" the best text on Adinkra symbols??

Yes. 

Ma ku Mbôngi, ka matômbulawanga za ko. "The community's political institution does not borrow foreign dialects to discuss its political matters or to educate its' members" – Kikôngo proverb “The history of Africa will remain suspended in air and cannot be written correctly until African historians connect it with the history of Egypt [...] The African historian who evades the problem of Egypt is neither modest or objective, nor unruffled, he is ignorant, cowardly, and neurotic.” – Cheikh Anta Diop, The African Origin of Civilization: Myth or Reality "African champions must break the chain that links African ideas to European ones and listen to the voice of the ancestors without European interpreters." – Jacob Carruthers, Mdw Ntr
Ọbádélé Kambon, PhD Email: info@abibitumi.com Skype: obadele.kambon Paypal: www.paypal.me/akali Abibifahodie Family of Websites:
www.obadelekambon.com | www.abibitumikasa.com | www.abibifahodie.com | www.abibifahodie.org www.sankofajourney.com | www.letsbuyblack.com | www.asaseheals.com www.kamaukambon.org | www.amakambon.com | www.bennucenter.com www.nubusinesssolutions.com | www.onipa.com | www.lastblackman.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2018 8:01 pm
 S&O
(@amaniahmose)
BlackTastic Afrikan Registered
Abibitumi Member
Abibisika (Black Gold):121

Thanks. I've added it to my list of books to buy. Can you recommend any other books that deals  with the ways of the Akan? I've currently got "Bu Me Be: Proverbs of the Akans" and "The pineapple child and other  Tales from Ashanti".  I've also ordered African spirituality: on becoming ancestors.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 12:03 am
(@kevlew)
BlackStonishing Afrikan Admin
Abibifahodie Wura!
Abibisika (Black Gold):2869

DA276977 AF37 471F 9E21 6DBAFBB6652B

“Intellectuals ought to study the past not for the pleasure they find in so doing, but to derive lessons from it”

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2018 12:15 am
Asha_Seba and S&O liked
(@obadelekambon)
Abibifahodie Wura!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/21/2019 4:10 pm
Page 6 / 6

Leave a reply

Maximum allowed file size is 128MB

Share: