Forum

KamauKambon.org sne...

Notifications
Clear all

KamauKambon.org sneak preview!

(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin

Okay, this time I kinda waited to get pretty much done. What do you Afrikans think?

http://www.kamaukambon.org

Topic starter Posted : 11/01/2015 1:14 pm
(@agya_kwaku)
BlackTacular Kmty Admin

I like what's been done so far. Lots of good life giving info. How long before completion?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2015 3:33 pm
(@agya_yaw)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Registered

Looks good! Who's the brother on left on the homepage? I know who everyone else is.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/01/2015 4:53 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Agya Kwaku;139844 wrote: I like what's been done so far. Lots of good life giving info. How long before completion?

I'm done unless ?errthang gives me more work to do :D

Agya Yaw;139855 wrote: Looks good! Who's the brother on left on the homepage? I know who everyone else is.

Thanks. That's the late Malcolm Shabazz, Malcolm X's grandson.

?errthang;139860 wrote: I like the content & pics...they look good

I'm not totally digging
KamauKambon. org is a website...then the descrip after
maybe say is a place where...?

While it is very eye-catching to have your main page points in all caps, it makes the words run together for me (maybe it's just me...)

Make sure there is a border at the top of all pages)

'"

"'

[*]Donate
'"

"'

[*]Videos

nice job!

Thanks. I've changed it so KamauKambon.org is the only thing on that line and then is a website goes in the description. It wouldn't make much sense for it to say "is a website is a place where" but I feel you.

I reduced the text in the main points so that the words don't run together. I think it's the font spacing together with the fact that it's on top of an image rather than a solid background that may be making it run together for you.

Are you talking about the different colored menu that is on all but the home page?
Thanks again!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 11/01/2015 9:21 pm
(@obadelekambon)

What browser are you using?

I think I know what you're talking about. It may just be an effect of how the page loads all images together before the layout resolves.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/01/2015 10:10 am
(@obadelekambon)

Was it fixed after you refreshed or automatically?
Thanks for all the input!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/01/2015 10:41 am
(@mani_kongo)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

It looks good, and powerful too. The only thing I see not being right is a space/break in the sentence after "...will obtain a view into the Solutionary, Dr. Kamau Kambon" and then the break comes in which make it seem like a new paragraph starts at "and discover the inner Solutionary in yourself...".
Maybe it's my browser (mozilla), does anybody see it ?

Please tell me who is the elder on the far right in the first picture, as well as the elder woman in the far right of the scholars' row of pictures ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/01/2015 6:47 pm
(@obadelekambon)

?errthang;140020 wrote: No refresh ...just went back on and it was fixed. I like the look on Chrome, because IE shows the top border to be a lot bigger

There was another glitch where the page wasn't loading the CSS correctly so it ended up just looking like html text and images on the page. I disabled a plugin and I haven't seen that behavior again since.

ManiKongo;140060 wrote: It looks good, and powerful too. The only thing I see not being right is a space/break in the sentence after "...will obtain a view into the Solutionary, Dr. Kamau Kambon" and then the break comes in which make it seem like a new paragraph starts at "and discover the inner Solutionary in yourself...".
Maybe it's my browser (mozilla), does anybody see it ?

Please tell me who is the elder on the far right in the first picture, as well as the elder woman in the far right of the scholars' row of pictures ?

I'm not seeing that break on firefox, but I noticed a comma missing after my tata's name. Can you send me a screenshot to see how you're seeing it. I looked at the code and there's nothing there that should cause that behavior. The far right is Nana Herman Ferguson. I actually forget her name but I think she's the woman who used to be at the First World lectures and would holler "Teach!!!" in the background when speakers made a good point. I have to ask my father her name.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 14/01/2015 12:48 am
(@mani_kongo)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

Obadele Kambon;140285 wrote:

I'm not seeing that break on firefox, but I noticed a comma missing after my tata's name. Can you send me a screenshot to see how you're seeing it. I looked at the code and there's nothing there that should cause that behavior. The far right is Nana Herman Ferguson. I actually forget her name but I think she's the woman who used to be at the First World lectures and would holler "Teach!!!" in the background when speakers made a good point. I have to ask my father her name.

Here is the snapshot:

Ok, thanks for the info. I will look him up.

Attached files

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/01/2015 12:05 pm
Share:

June 16th the Kambon family had a major family emergency.  Dr. Kambon’s wife Kala and children were involved in a serious car accident and admitted to the hospital.   All are doing well and recovering.

The family’s only mode of transportation was totaled in the accident.

We are asking for the support of Abibitumi family to assist the Kambon family during this trying time.    

X
X
X
X