Page 1 / 2
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin

'"

"'

Topic starter Posted : 25/01/2015 4:02 pm
(@agya_yaw)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Registered

Nothing against the proposed Afrikans but is there a need for anymore moderators?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2015 4:11 pm
(@obadelekambon)

In my experience over the years, people who are made to feel part of the site by being made moderator tend to stick around longer than those who just kind of waffle around for a while. When we have people who are active, it makes sense to pull them in on a more substantive level.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/01/2015 5:09 pm
(@agya_kwaku)
BlackTacular Kmty Admin

I agree with Obadale. They are in the forums pretty regular, I like what they speak about in their posts I would have no problem adding them as moderators

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/01/2015 6:20 pm
(@Ajamu)
BlackStonishing Kmty Registered

Agya Kwaku;141805 wrote: I agree with Obadale. They are in the forums pretty regular, I like what they speak about in their posts I would have no problem adding them as moderators

i'm w/that

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2015 9:55 am
(@agya_yaw)

Obadele Kambon;141795 wrote: In my experience over the years, people who are made to feel part of the site by being made moderator tend to stick around longer than those who just kind of waffle around for a while. When we have people who are active, it makes sense to pull them in on a more substantive level.

Yoo.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2015 11:41 am
(@obadelekambon)

@?errthang, I got two words for ya...Mani Mm'in Eff'in Kongo! Or is that more than two. I'd gladly go through 10 to find the diamond in the rough. How would we ever find out who's good unless we try?

What would you like to do on the site before bringing more people into the fold?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2015 2:21 pm
(@obadelekambon)

@?errthang, Great, so as long as we all agree.
But seriously, you know every now and then we all have to do what we do to reassure each other that we're still us and not clones. Like I come up with an idea and you oppose it.

I don't think we'll get good participation at events/activities as long as there's little to no interaction between people here at the forums. Back before facebook killed off forums as part of the digital CointelPro people used to love to come to activities and events online because if they posted they got feedback, discussion and interactions. In recent times, forums have become an orphanage...come, dump some information and then never look back. Or on the other side someone comes and their thread is read 100 times and not one reply...but maybe we can find a happy medium. How about we ask the new folks IF they want to be in charge of promoting and marketing activities and events here. Like the three of them (or however many accept to come onboard) form an activities team. What do you think? (not that I don't already know )

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 26/01/2015 3:27 pm
(@agya_yaw)

I agree mostly with @?errthang. Which is why I asked the question above. I then thought about how I became attached to this site. I actually don't remember specifics but when asked I was down to do a lot of work to further interests here. I haven't done things in one area. I don't think any of the u.s.'s have. We have done a variety of things in different areas. We each probably have put in work that we all don't even know about. That said, do we want someone focused in one area or an "all-arounder"? Or just anybody for whatever? If we're going to go fishing, do we have the right hook. Are we trying to fish without a hook?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/01/2015 4:54 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Agya Yaw;141928 wrote: I agree mostly with @?errthang. Which is why I asked the question above. I then thought about how I became attached to this site. I actually don't remember specifics but when asked I was down to do a lot of work to further interests here. I haven't done things in one area. I don't think any of the u.s.'s have. We have done a variety of things in different areas. We each probably have put in work that we all don't even know about. That said, do we want someone focused in one area or an "all-arounder"? Or just anybody for whatever? If we're going to go fishing, do we have the right hook. Are we trying to fish without a hook?

If the focus is going to be on them planning online events and activities, they would be specifying to basically one thing. I'm open to seeing what skills they bring to the table and harnessing those skills, though.

?errthang;141933 wrote: whatever is decided by the majority, i will continue to fully support the work we do here at Abibi

BlackTastic!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 31/01/2015 2:22 am
(@agya_kwaku)
BlackTacular Kmty Admin

one of the things that kept me coming to Abibitumi Kasa were the interactions within the forums I felt that there was someone human and of like mind behind the site. It would be good to get some moderators that perhaps had skills and willingness in organizing some activities on the site. Not that the present ones haven't been doing a Blacktastic job. I think we need more varied input and ideas from others. I am not sure what can be done to get more participation in activities, my thoughts are to continue having them and I think Afrikans will eventually see the value in the info that is in these activities. I am willing to support, participate or whatever is asked of me in fulfilling Abibitumi Kasa's mission Black Liberation

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/02/2015 10:54 am
(@obadelekambon)

I appreciate your input @Agya Kwaku. I think your experience is the same for anyone who comes. We like to interact and get feedback from the Afrikans here.

I got a response from the three potential mods:

Ohemaa Yaa:

Ɛte sɛn?

I have read the color codes from the link, and I believe that I am familiar with the classifications now. After reviewing all of the forums again, I think that I will have more information to contribute to the "Culture forum" rather than the language forum. So perhaps, I will prefer the cultural forum instead.

Once again, I appreciate your offer and thank you for thinking of me!

Tenkamenin:

Hello Dr. O,

Hope all is well! Yes moderating a specific forum like finance/ economics would work for me. Did you have something else in mind?

Mkwavinyika:

Wow I'm very honored that you would consider me to moderate here! If this was a year or so back I would've had the time to do it but as of lately I've been really busy with work and some other things.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 25/02/2015 4:46 pm
(@agya_kwaku)
BlackTacular Kmty Admin

It is good we got two that are willing and able. I don't know which forums they are needed on.I remember when I became a moderator I didn't know much about the forums I was asked to moderate but I studied and learned about the forums I was asked to moderate and I learned some things that I didn't know and that helped in my ReAfrikanization/dewhitenization I just went where I was needed.
Just sharing some thoughts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2015 10:31 pm
(@agya_yaw)

I hope for the best and the continued growth of the site/community.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2015 6:23 pm
(@Ajamu)
BlackStonishing Kmty Registered

i'm way late on this (sorry) ...

i appreciate all y'all said - all good points.

Though i mostly agree with ?errthang & Agya Yaw, let's give 'em a try and see what they bring.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/02/2015 11:00 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

Sign up for this exclusive Abibitumi Saturday Seminar Series with the one and only Ɔbenfo (Prof) Baba James Small and prepare to go from information to transformation in terms of your daily choices in the interest of Kmtyw (Black people) and Kmt (the Land of Black people).
X
X
X
X