Forum

Move to GH or somew...

Notifications
Clear all

Move to GH or somewhere in Africa

Page 1 / 2
(@efuany)
BlackJestic Kmty Registered

Anybody here from the Western Region of Ghana? I want to repatriate in the next 2-3 years.

How is the conscious community in that area? Does it exist?

I'm planning to spend the next 2-3 years saving money and educating myself on African matters. Maybe take courses, learn some new skills I can use down there.

Anyone else on a repatriation preparation journey?

In 2008, I moved to GH, blew about $50G then came back. I wasn't consious at the time so that might have played a role. Mostly spent the money on taxis, rent, outings...and an over-all chaotic psyche.

I want to move...again...

Ofcourse...in addition to my own mental health, I also have a 10 year old son who is mildly autistic. That complicates matters quite a bit.

I live a very isolated life here in Toronto, so living in a village where everyone looks like me, and we're all kind of in the same boat... can't be any worst.

If there is anyone else in a similar situation(feeling isolated in the west) wanting to repatriate, it would be nice to have a little support group of like-minded individuals.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2017 2:05 pm
(@kwaku-omowale)
BlackDerful Kmty Registered Registered

hello Efuany,

this site is a good start. i have never been to west Afrika or west Ghana but i plan to do close to the same time frame as you. i do think there are others here with the same idea. my situation is not the same. i am in the us and would have to come alone. i'm definitely interested in groups of people sharing info to repatriate.

kwaku

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2017 4:49 pm
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin

Efuany;248953 wrote: Anybody here from the Western Region of Ghana? I want to repatriate in the next 2-3 years.

How is the conscious community in that area? Does it exist?

I'm planning to spend the next 2-3 years saving money and educating myself on African matters. Maybe take courses, learn some new skills I can use down there.

Anyone else on a repatriation preparation journey?

In 2008, I moved to GH, blew about $50G then came back. I wasn't consious at the time so that might have played a role. Mostly spent the money on taxis, rent, outings...and an over-all chaotic psyche.

I want to move...again...

Ofcourse...in addition to my own mental health, I also have a 10 year old son who is mildly autistic. That complicates matters quite a bit.

I live a very isolated life here in Toronto, so living in a village where everyone looks like me, and we're all kind of in the same boat... can't be any worst.

If there is anyone else in a similar situation(feeling isolated in the west) wanting to repatriate, it would be nice to have a little support group of like-minded individuals.

I've never heard of any kind of conscious community in the Western Region. You'll get some traditionalists, but probably not what you envision in terms of "conscious"
Accra and environs is really where it's at for that. Period.
$50G is a lot to blow. You can let me manage your money for you if you are planning on doing that again.
He can be at Abibifahodie Adesuabea if you end up on our side of things.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2017 5:51 pm
(@efuany)

kwaku omowale;248968 wrote: hello Efuany,

this site is a good start. i have never been to west Afrika or west Ghana but i plan to do close to the same time frame as you. i do think there are others here with the same idea. my situation is not the same. i am in the us and would have to come alone. i'm definitely interested in groups of people sharing info to repatriate.

kwaku

Hi Kwaku,

I'm actually Ghanaian by birth, and grew up mostly there. I would love to talk to more people share ideas...especially in terms of work down there.

I think it would be great to repatriate as a collective.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2017 5:59 pm
(@efuany)

Obadele Kambon;248972 wrote: I've never heard of any kind of conscious community in the Western Region. You'll get some traditionalists, but probably not what you envision in terms of "conscious"
Accra and environs is really where it's at for that. Period.
$50G is a lot to blow. You can let me manage your money for you if you are planning on doing that again.
He can be at Abibifahodie Adesuabea if you end up on our side of things.

Dr. Kambon,

I wish I knew then what I know now...and about this whole abibitumikasa forum. Sadly, $50G is gone...but I'm almost halfway there again in savings...

Giving myself 2-3 years to save and figure out what I can do in GH.

The only reason I'm thinking of the Western Region is because my mother is there...I would have a place to stay. Renting in Accra is ridiculous, especially with the 2+ years of advance they ask for. But I know that Accra is where the action is.

Anyway. I'm currently looking into setting up a a bank account in GH without actually travelling there, but, It's looking like I might have to make the trip. I really don't want to spend money for the trip.

I was born in Ghana, grew up in Ghana, Ghana is home...I don't need to see it first, LOL.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2017 6:40 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Efuany;248974 wrote: Dr. Kambon,

I wish I knew then what I know now...and about this whole abibitumikasa forum. Sadly, $50G is gone...but I'm almost halfway there again in savings...

Giving myself 2-3 years to save and figure out what I can do in GH.

The only reason I'm thinking of the Western Region is because my mother is there...I would have a place to stay. Renting in Accra is ridiculous, especially with the 2+ years of advance they ask for. But I know that Accra is where the action is.

Anyway. I'm currently looking into setting up a a bank account in GH without actually travelling there, but, It's looking like I might have to make the trip. I really don't want to spend money for the trip.

I was born in Ghana, grew up in Ghana, Ghana is home...I don't need to see it first, LOL.

Understood. We're on a monthly rental agreement here in Accra. You may be looking at the community of self if you are out there in the western region. Unless you can get someone to set it up in their name and then you use it...there are quite a few hoops to jump through to set up a bank account as you've seen.

Sent from my Uhuru Note using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2017 6:45 pm
(@efuany)

I'll probably just make a trip in the next few months. Can't trust people on GH

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2017 6:57 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Efuany;248978 wrote: I'll probably just make a trip in the next few months. Can't trust people on GH

You ARE from here! Lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2017 7:16 pm
(@efuany)

Obadele Kambon;248980 wrote: You ARE from here! Lol

Lol, what I meant to say was "I can't trust my family in GH."

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2017 7:30 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Gotcha. However long you've been away, you remember well.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/09/2017 7:36 pm
(@efuany)

Obadele Kambon;248982 wrote: Gotcha. However long you've been away, you remember well.

This is true. A work in progress. Thank you for the check.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 10/09/2017 7:41 pm
(@Ebo_Kwabena_Arhin)
BlackTastic Kmty Registered

I am from Western Region But Now In France But Still Have Families There Maybe I Can Be Of Help

Sent from my G3212 using Abibitumi Kasa mobile app

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2017 5:05 am
(@kwaku-omowale)
BlackDerful Kmty Registered Registered

Efuany;248973 wrote: Hi Kwaku,

I'm actually Ghanaian by birth, and grew up mostly there. I would love to talk to more people share ideas...especially in terms of work down there.

I think it would be great to repatriate as a collective.

Ebo Kwabena Arhin;249200 wrote: I am from Western Region But Now In France But Still Have Families There Maybe I Can Be Of Help

I look forward to it. let's figure out a way to get together.

kwaku

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2017 10:54 am
(@efuany)

Ebo Kwabena Arhin;249200 wrote: I am from Western Region But Now In France But Still Have Families There Maybe I Can Be Of Help

Hey...so am i, sort of. I'm s Fante/Ahanta/Nzema/Gurunsi fal.

I'm in the early stages of my planning... Right now, my focus is getting the funds to move...since I won't be reliant on any family.

Do u plan on moving to GH?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 12/09/2017 11:29 am
(@Ebo_Kwabena_Arhin)
BlackTastic Kmty Registered

Am Also Fanti & Ahanta
And Am Planning On Going To Ghana Next Year Of Next 2Years

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/09/2017 1:27 pm
Page 1 / 2