Forum

Repatriation Questi...

Notifications
Clear all

Repatriation Questions

(@ryleysnaith)
New Kmty Registered

Hello,

I have been reading about Repatriation to Ghana. I am a mixed race male born in 1991. My African side is African-American & I was separated from them when I was too young to realize. I am essentially a foster child. 

Most of my black side of the family has been eradicated by the government as they were Black Panthers in America. My other side is Asian but I have not really ever been in touch with them. I am very pale skinned with African facial features & physique but I am African to the soul. I've heard all sorts of names & derogatory terms. My favorite one was (while wearing a mask) "I thought he was Chinese, until he took his mask off." I have nothing here. No real family.   It’s all been taken from me & off the books. I blame government corruption but they’ve made it so I will never be able to prove it. Somehow as a child I ended up here in the province of Saskatchewan in Canada & I have been here for 29 years.

I am paying 2 student loans in fields I can even get jobs in & when I do I get “boy”d around on the job site. In other words, disrespected. Stigmatized as lazy, even though, when I work I am the opposite of that.  I’ve just finally come to terms with the fact that there is nothing here for a person like me. I’m simply not happy here.

In my spare time I create music. I’ve spent the last few years producing hip hop for local artists. I have an Audio Engineering Diploma that I went to Post Secondary for & this year I have begun to learn how to play guitar, which I really enjoy. 

Most recently, I have completed my 1st Year Apprenticeship to be an Electrician, with my 1st year of School completed & about half the required on job hours to take my 2nd year schooling. I’m not sure this would in any way be able to transfer over in Ghana, I am assuming not, but I have learned a lot from the course & still have all my textbooks, etc.

I know how to use tools, I have worked many various labor positions. I am very capable of hard work & I am willing, as long as I know my hard work will be respected.

I have held a valid drivers license since I was 16 years old. I’ve also worked truck route jobs driving 5 ton trucks.

I have a criminal record because I was caught selling Marijuana when I was 20, while I was paying for a brand new leased vehicle, amongst other things. Marijuana is now legal in Canada but I still have that on my record, but that's all. Nothing else.

It’s a toxic culture for Blacks. Economic status keeps people in a state of constant betrayal. I’ve experienced it on many levels to the point I can’t trust anyone here, or so it feels but I am wise enough to know it still exists in the world.

I am constantly deceived that these are my people but they are not themselves anymore and I’m not entirely sure they are aware of it. They belong to this world’s culture. I just want to unplug from this way of life. It’s unnatural. It's a far deviation from the life I believe God intended us to live.

My soul burns deeply in solidarity with my ancestors & yearns for a healing that the west will never be able to truly provide. I’ve lived 29 years in Canada with 6 month winters of -30 to -50 degrees celsius weather & I’m tired of it. I can feel it affecting my wellbeing. It’s only summer weather for 3 months here.

All I want is a stable place to start a family & simply live the life I deserve to live, in peace. Not having to worry about systematic disadvantages & people in power with complexes hanging over my head dictating what I do & don’t deserve in this world.

As I said earlier, I enjoy making/playing music, staying fit, I enjoy going for long runs & lifting weights. I have a bulldog which I love very much but I would most likely have to leave her behind, but it's been so bad lately that I have already come to terms with that.

If anyone can help me please contact me or reply to this post.

As of right now, I don’t have a passport or a VISA but knowing what steps I need to take, I could do what I need to do to get what I need.

I’ve never even been outside of Canada, my whole life, to this point.

Thanks for your time.

[email protected]

www.instagram.com/chadgoneghostal

Topic starter Posted : 24/02/2021 1:30 pm

Leave a reply

Author Name

Author Email

Title *

Preview 0 Revisions Saved
Share:

June 16th the Kambon family had a major family emergency.  Dr. Kambon’s wife Kala and children were involved in a serious car accident and admitted to the hospital.   All are doing well and recovering.

The family’s only mode of transportation was totaled in the accident.

We are asking for the support of Abibitumi family to assist the Kambon family during this trying time.    

X
X
X
X