Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Abibitumi Kasa Testimonials

Page 1 / 4
(@Kwasi)
BlackTastic Kmty Registered

Mo ne adwuma o! Kwame (Obadele), you have done well and your work with the Abibitumikasa.com and AKALI is exceptional. My advanced study of the Akan (Twi) language has grown much under your direction, and my studies have been enriched by your deep knowledge of the language and culture, competent yet flexible and accessible style of teaching, as well as a rare but greatly welcomed commitment which you demonstrate to learners. Our coverage of Akan proverbs, drum texts, stories, and poetry has reminded me that to study a language is to study a civilization, and I appreciate that. Though I will certainly continue to study Akan (Twi), and Yoruba a little later, I encourage those of our folks with internet access or who reside in Chicago to check out AKALI and its resources! Twi kasa no te sE nkwan-dE pa berE a obi nim mmE binom. EyE me sE meda onua Kwame ase Efiri sE abEdwaa pE nkwa a, na Ebata odum. Yoo, yEbEdi nkOmmO akyire yi ara!

Dr. Kwasi Konadu

Topic starter Posted : 07/12/2009 1:54 am
(@kala_kambon)
BlackStonishing Kmty Admin

E kuuse oo, Abibitumi Kasa! Oluko mi, Obadele, inu mi dun lati so pe mo je akekoo re nitori pe o sise pupo l'ojoojumo lati mu ki awon eniyan dudu gbo ede ara ile adulawo. Abibitumi Kasa ko dabi ibi ayelujara miiran rara. Oluko Obadele mu ki awon akekoo gbadun gbogbo iseju ti a wa ni idanilekoo wa. Nigba ti a n ko Yoruba, a n ko nipa ede, a si tun n ko nipa Ominira eniyan dudu. A ko nipa ona ti a le soro nipa awon nnkan to se pataki fun wa. Ko da, nisisinyii mo mo bi a se n so ominira (fahodie) ni Yoruba ati Twi! Nitori pe mo wa si idanilekoo Yoruba re, mo le gbo awon ami ohun dara ju ti atehinwa lo. Mo si le so Yoruba dara ju ti atehinwa lo. Modupe Oluko mi! Ki Olorun tubo sii ran o lowo pelu Abibitumi Kasa! Ki Abibitumi Kasa tubo sii lo soke!

Kala

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 2:04 am
 Aba
(@aba)

As a participant in the Yoruba class, I appreciate Obadele's instruction. As a teacher, I understand the challenges that are sometimes associated with multi-level instruction. I appreciate the way everyone was included in discussions, encouraged to actively participate, and, most of all, supportive of one another within the webclass. After each session, I would feel excited and more confident with my Yoruba language skills. Often, I would log off only to pick up the phone to tell family and friends what I'd learned that evening.

Aba

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 2:08 am
(@heru_djet)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

I took Twi with Bro. Obadele in the Winter of 2005/2006.

This class was an excellent experience. In addition to discussing the Twi language we also dealt with relevant political and cultural concepts. This is an element often missing in Afrikan language instruction.

Bro. Obadele's knowledge of Afrikan languages and culture, coupled with his teaching abilities made this an immensely beneficial experience for me.

I would highly recommend his courses to anyone interested in the languages of our ancestors.

KR

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 2:11 am
 Afua
(@Afua)

Brother Obadele's Twi class was awesome! As a participant, this class helped me to retune my Afrikan tounge. I enjoyed the many proverbs and songs we learned throughout the class. As a mother and wife I can share what I've learned with my family, as a teacher I can share what I've learned with my students and as a cultural activist I am happy to share what I've learned with our community.

MO NE KASA Brother Obadele! We appreciate the gifts and talents you have brought to the world!

-Afua Brakwa

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 2:27 am
(@Oyatolu_Oyapemi)
New Kmty Registered

Se alaafia ni,
I attended Obadele's Yoruba classes at Betty Shabazz School early in 2006. Brother Obadele is an enthusiastic lover of African language. His teaching style is personable and thorough. I would highly recommend the classes to those interested in learning the Yoruba language. Even though I didn't take his Twi class, I would recommend the Twi class also because the Twi students raved about him as a teacher as well.

Oyatolu Oyapemi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 2:33 am
 Nana
(@nana)
BlackDerful Kmty Registered

I have been blessed to be able to participate in Obadele Kwame's online Twi classes. Developing the ear to receive the intonations has been a welcomed challenge. The dialogue exercises have truly helped with this process. Obadele's patience and generosity is a part of his many gifts. May Onyame continue to guide his path and may we all continue to receive the energies sent from our Nananom Nsamanfo though this work. I will definitely be taking the intermediate classes this fall and encourage everyone to reclaim our heritage and sign up for a course. Meda wo ase OkyerEkyerEfo Kwame.

Nana Efia Nsia Asantewaa Mawiya Kambon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 2:40 am
(@Obataiye)
New Kmty Registered

I am currently enrolled in the online Yoruba class and this is my second time around. The class is so necessary when it comes to finding our Afrikan tongues. Oluko Obadele makes it all make sense. He has a certain mastery and perspective when it comes to Yoruba language and culture that puts the "A-Ha" in learning. The "Oh, I get it".
In order to speak a language well, you must also think in that language. This is the goal that is set and what I am striving for. Obadele has showed me this goal is attainable.

Obataiye

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 2:45 am
(@Ayorinde)
New Kmty Registered

I would highly recommend Abibitumi Kasa to anyone interested in learning to speak Yoruba! I have studied Yoruba language with Oluko Obadele since early 2006. I am currently in the Yoruba online class at Abibitumi Kasa ALI and I absolutely love it! Oluko Obadele has a creative style of teaching that makes learning a second language exciting. I am very grateful for the energy and effort Oluko puts into his classes - encouraging students to strive for mastery in speaking Yoruba fluently. Oluko Obadele's "ear for languages" helps students to focus on intonation and correct pronunciation. The recitation and dialogue practices really help to "re-train" our tongues and develop a deeper understanding of culture. Thank you Oluko for your commitment to Afrikan people and children of the Diaspora that desire to learn about Afrikan culture through language. :-)

Ayorinde Ajewumi

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 2:50 am
(@Omiyinka)
New Kmty Registered

Yoruba language study with Oluko Obadele has been amazing. It has stirred up the joyful voices of my ancestors that have waited so long for me to speak to them and hear them in their own language. Oluko Obadele's teaching style has been more effective than any other course of language study that I have taken up. By answering his calling to study and teach Afrikan languages, Oluko Obadele helps others of us to answer the call of our ancestors to do whatever work we have come here to do with the most authentic and restored connection we can possibly have with our culture and traditions.

Omiyinka Omidara Akinsegun

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 3:16 am
(@cudjoekofi)
New Kmty Registered

I have been searching all of the internet, school webpages, and whatever other sources of information I could get my hands on; in search of someone teaching my native tongue, TWI. I sent Bro. Kambon a message and he got right back to me. These courses are magnificent. Myself not living in Chicago, the online courses have been very instrumental in my learning of the language. I was very surprised by the magnitude of the effectiveness of the course. I have never seen anything like it before. I recommend anyone interested in learning one of the languages, especially TWI, to register for these courses.

Kofi Cudjoe Amihere

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 3:25 am
(@Ifatosin)
New Kmty Registered

E ku ise. A dupe for a prayer answered. For many years I've been a lover and student of languages but have searched vainly for exactly what you have created. The University of Pennsylvania has an African Languages Institute but you can imagine that the price is prohibitive. E seun pupo for your vision, energy, personal study/achievment and initiative. I am enthused by the comments of your students and look forward to becoming one. O dabo. :D

Asabi Ifatosin Rich

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 3:38 am
(@Olaefun)
New Kmty Registered

Se Alaafia Ni gbogbo yin. Although it's taken me some time to get to this testimonial, I must say that it is no reflection on the significance of the Afrikan language classes given by Brother Oluko. His wisdom and enthusiasm coupled with his love of teaching made taking the Yoruba classes Blacktastic!!! Wise beyond his years, the Afrikan language classes with Baba Oluko are a must take. I look forward to re-enrolling.

Iyawo Obatala

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 4:00 am
(@justice)
New Kmty Registered

I have taken Obadele's Yoruba and Twi classes. I am amazed by his knowledge of African languages, linguistics, African culture, African history, and African sprituality. I am amazed at how Africans from home react to Obadele speaking Yoruba, Twi, KiKongo, or Wolof. Reactions I have witnessed from Africans are: "ah", "What is this", "I can't believe this", "His parents must be from Africa", "How does he do this", "Why", "This can not be so", "This is the real language", and more. When I showed a Yoruba woman my syllabi from Obadele's Yoruba class, she said, "I am afraid of this", "Bring him (Obadele) here". You must, if you haven't, experience Obadele talking to Africans from home in African languages. It's a real treat. It will blow your mind. It will show you how great this little brother is. He is going to be big. WATCH!

Terry Johnson

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 4:39 am
(@bestveganchef)
BlackDerful Kmty Registered

I have seen Obadele Kwame carry on conversations with Afrikans from VARIOUS countries on the continent. And no matter if the people are from Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, etc. There reaction is always the same. They are always amazed and they always say "Wow. You speak like someone born in my country. How did you learn to speak this way?” Some even say “Wow. I am remembering words I had forgotten because so many English words have been used we are losing the language. How do you know that word? How do you know that proverb? Who taught you to speak this way?”

Like them I am also in awe of how someone so young has mastered so many languages. Beyond that I am empowered by how he has taken this passion and his life’s work and founded an institution. Filled with students from literally all over the world, the Abibitumi Kasa Institute is a monument to the potential of the Afrikan mind and Afrikankind.

There will be a day in the near future that people will ask to young Afrikans across the diaspora “Where did you learn to speak that Afrikan language?” and thousands will reply Abibitumi Kasa.

We are so proud of you. Know that you have any emotional, physical and financial support you need available at any time.

Nataki Kambon

ReplyQuote
Posted : 07/12/2009 4:56 am
Page 1 / 4
Share:

X
X
X
X