Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Abibitumi Kasa Testimonials

Page 4 / 4
(@Niamahmi111)
BlackStanding Kmty Registered

Kwame, these past 4 weeks have been amazing! You have created something good and powerful and purposeful. You didn't say 'somebody should create an institution', YOU created an institution, and it has been a blessing to me and the children. Kofi's schedule does not permit him to be a part of the Tuesday/Thursday classes, but perhaps something will work out and one day he'll be able to participate.

I'd like to continue while I have what I learned fresh in my head (I want to keep what I've heard). I'll keep an eye on the site and enroll in the Intro course again so the kids can get the pronunciation and enunciation correct. I'm pretty sure you will see us on Saturday (Kofi is off)!

Meda ase paa!

Sincerely,
Kenisha

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2010 8:54 am
(@iya_omitade_ifatoosin)
BlackCredible Kmty Registered

The Yoruba language classes are so valuable that I have encouraged members of our Ile to take the class. Everyone who has taken a class has benefited greatly. Not only do you learn the vocabulary and the correct pronouciation of the words but you also learn how the language supports appropriate protocol, respect for Elders and respect for African Traditional Religion.

E se Oluko Obadele for offering these teachings.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2010 8:56 am
(@nisaat)
BlackStanding Kmty Registered

The online language classes are infused with specific language instruction. We work diligently to master pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar.

The addition of Ghanaian cultural lessons, etymology, and Akanland history regarding those language lessons makes the learning all the more sweet.

However, the best part is learning to view the world through an African lens. To think about life in a whole new way is both exhilarating and exhausting. To use words so literal and so metaphoric gives new depth to language. To put words together as you never would have done before is a measure of real learning. To move forward to fluency in Twi is as desirable as looking back at English and seeing obsolescence.

I admit that I was skeptical at first. Learn to speak an African Language like a native speaker�

I was graciously and gratefully proven wrong.

Abena

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2010 9:01 am
(@ramses)
BlackTastic Kmty Registered

I am presently enrolled (Feb 16 to March 11) in the Introduction to Yoruba class taught by Oluko Obadele. The class is so well structured that the students will have a very good foundation of the Yoruba language within the 8 sessions of the introductory lessons. Of course, the learning experience is not just limited to understanding of the orthography and lexicological structure of the Yoruba language but Obadele skillfully weaves in the socio-cultural, spiritual, and historical nuances to help build a truly enriched learning experience.

These classes are truly priceless not just for Africans in Diaspora but for the children of Africans (Africans born on the continent, particularly the Yoruba) raised in the West. These children could benefit greatly as well. To everyone, remember this, "it is not taboo to go back and fetch what you forgot"(Sankofa). Well, these classes are a good way to start "to go back and fetch."

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2010 9:12 am
(@akua_maat)
BlackStonishing Kmty Registered

Abibtumi Kasa is special beyond description and even though I haven't experienced a class yet I KNOW this will be a critical part my journey to be the Afrikan woman I was created to be. Its more than just knowing how to speak an African language...its a critical component of reconnecting my present to our past, understanding that the future that will come from my womb some day (hopefully) can't be whole unless I give them that 360 degrees of themselves - past, present, future.
So I give thanks for the good work that Abibitumi Kasa is doing and will continue to do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2010 9:16 am
 Afua
(@Afua)
BlackTastic Kmty Registered

Obadele,

I just had to share this with you. I haven't been to your site in a while and today I remembered an article that you posted on your site that I wanted to reread and I saw what you have done with your site! In my best Chicago venacular I just got to say DAMN Obadele your website is COLD!

I am REALLY big on presentation... brother your site is awesome! I love the presentation! Your website presents the idea that SERIOUS Afrikans have come together to share their knowledge and wisdom.

Anyway, just wanted to share... hope all is well in Ghana!

Afua

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2010 9:17 am
(@georgia)
BlackJestic Kmty Registered

Abibitumi kasa is the BOMB!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2010 9:25 am
(@Maryam_Muhammad)
BlackCredible Kmty Registered

Hotep Family,
This is a wonderful tool! Props to the programmers, visionaries, and administrators! I feel like we can compete with the Chinese, Indians, South Koreans and Japanese now!

Ma salaam

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/04/2010 9:37 am
(@kamau_kambon)
BlackTacular Kmty Registered

OPEN LETTER TO KWAME OBADELE KAMBON

YOUR WORLD-WIDE AFRIKAN FAMILY
HAS WATCHED YOU BECOME AN
AFRIKAN

A

GIANT!!!!!

AND YOU HAVE