Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Africbook

Page 1 / 2
(@AkosuaCP)
BlackTastic Kmty Registered

Just thought I would share a new Afrikan social network I was invited to. It needs support to build it into a strong community based social media for Afrikans~

Africbook Social Community

Topic starter Posted : 11/04/2012 7:04 pm
(@obadelekambon)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Admin

We apprecilove it!
I just joined.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/04/2012 9:19 pm
(@obadelekambon)

A bit of research that Bro @Tariq of Afraka.com put me up on. The owners of Africbook are vlad and lorenzo as you can see on their twitter account: https://twitter.com/#!/africbook

Here's white vladimir
Login » Africbook Social Community
Here's confused lorenzo
Login » Africbook Social Community

Of course this won't be a problem for the facebook warriors, but for me I'll deal with that platform as I deal with facebook. A plantation to get Afrikans up out of and to a 100% Afrikan-owned site that is not confused about who the enemy is. Ah! I have just one in mind: Abibitumi Kasa Afrikan Language and Liberation Institutes

Edit: Plus vlad and lorenzo are in san francisssssssssco. hmmmmmmmmm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2012 5:18 pm
(@obadelekambon)

I just posted this same thing on my page there and it got deleted. Lorenzo then sent me an email defending his lifestyle choices and clarifying that vladimir is from mid-eurasia rather than western eurasia. enjoy! And many happy returns from your friendly neighborhood Quilombo...

I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves.
Harriet Tubman

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2012 6:18 pm
(@vapblack)
BlackStanding Kmty Registered

that site is getting mad members. I see it as a good opportunity tho. even if it's not black owned, there is a large amount of our people going there, and can be picked up...thanks for the heads up tho. I had no idea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2012 11:26 pm
(@agya_yaw)
Most BlackNificent Kmty! Registered

I was waiting for folks to report back on that site's orientation. Meda ase for the heads up.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2012 12:28 am
(@obadelekambon)

vapblack;50665 wrote: that site is getting mad members. I see it as a good opportunity tho. even if it's not black owned, there is a large amount of our people going there, and can be picked up...thanks for the heads up tho. I had no idea.

I take it as the same...just another plantation to redirect Afrikans off of. The funny thing is that Lorenzo seemed to be so worried about folks finding out his "partner" is white. Little does he know that that will make the site even more popular amongst the conscious-talk-a-good-game-facebook-warriors. It will be like "Wow! And it's white-owned too! Let me create an account now so I can talk about Black sovereignty and self-determination!" lol

Yaw Asare Aboagye;50666 wrote: I was waiting for folks to report back on that site's orientation. Meda ase for the heads up.

Anything for the BlackNificent. Props to Bro. @Tariq for letting me know as well. We got enough Black sites struggling to stay alive...just what we need is another white-owned and operated site to pull away the dazed and confused to leave the sensible ones knucklehead-free!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2012 7:56 am
 asarhondo
(@asarhondo)

I'd like to know why do people not do research as to who is actually operating a site before they recommend it on a black oriented site? Come on, seriously. We live on a race based planet but people who appear to look African just do not get it. These excuses that Black people make are just mentaly backward. No one calls other black people out for not thinking. I am not on a death wish but it seems that many Black people are. Supporting ourselves creates jobs, feeds people and allows Africans to escape their dependence of other so called races. If a Black man is selling ice adjacent to a white man who is selling ice, I'm buying my ice from the Black man, will you?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/04/2012 5:52 pm
(@NyameNti)
BlackDerful Kmty Registered

asarhondo;50675 wrote: I'd like to know why do people not do research as to who is actually operating a site before they recommend it on a black oriented site? Come on, seriously. We live on a race based planet but people who appear to look African just do not get it. These excuses that Black people make are just mentaly backward. No one calls other black people out for not thinking. I am not on a death wish but it seems that many Black people are. Supporting ourselves creates jobs, feeds people and allows Africans to escape their dependence of other so called races. If a Black man is selling ice adjacent to a white man who is selling ice, I'm buying my ice from the Black man, will you?

I agree. It is a sad state of affairs to see dead people walking. So desensitize to the importance of research, collective thoughts and ACTION. It is important for those of us who are awake to "call out" and correct behavior. We are in a critical time. Thus, it is important to understand that color is not synonymous with PanAfrikan Nationalism and/or "being down". That black man selling that ice might be on his way home to lay in the bed with a ghost. Or he may be working for the pale face who is smart enough to use the color-card to double-dip economically. Examples are everywhere. I say it is important to take the time to see the philosophy of a man/woman...then proceed. Yes, it takes time. However, the conscious understand how crucial these decision points are to the survival of the race.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2012 1:48 pm
(@NyameNti)
BlackDerful Kmty Registered

Kisura;50562 wrote: Just thought I would share a new Afrikan social network I was invited to. It needs support to build it into a strong community based social media for Afrikans~

Africbook Social Community

Greetings @Kisura,

Much appreciation to you for your good intentions. When I see you, I see myself. I also understand that we are all
on a variety of levels regarding growth. However, Africbook reminds me of another form of imitation. People of color
are aboriginal. Therefore, we must be slow to jump...otherwise it just becomes another easy sale. I encourage you
to make reading an important part of anything you do.
My beautiful sister, Marcus Garvey's Life and lessons is a wonderful place to start.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2012 2:11 pm
(@vapblack)
BlackStanding Kmty Registered

white vladmir's page is gone

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2012 3:20 pm
(@obadelekambon)

I haven't seen @Kisura here since the revelation was made that it's a white site. I hope she's not scared that she's going to get jumped for recommending a white site. Someone else just told me that vladimir's profile has been hidden. Looks like africbook is going into serious heavy defensive formation. Again, I don't really know what they're hiding for...once the "Conscious Afrikans" get word that it's a white site their registrations will soar through the roof!

Edit: the twitter account has been changed from Vlad and Lorenzo's twitter account to being called just Africbook. I'd have done screenshots but it's really not that deep. But....no pun intended...the san francissssssssco is still there. Next time you look, it'll probably say Brooklyn or Lagos or something. lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/04/2012 4:03 pm
(@AkosuaCP)

@Obadele It hasnt been very long since I shared the Africbook post and I have alot of Afrocentric sites to visit that I recently joined. I didn't think this was what you meant by I created quite a stir though. Africbook was a suggestion, so its not a problem if people decide not to use it at all.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/04/2012 4:36 pm
(@obadelekambon)

Kisura;50722 wrote: @Obadele It hasnt been very long since I shared the Africbook post and I have alot of Afrocentric sites to visit that I recently joined. I didn't think this was what you meant by I created quite a stir though. Africbook was a suggestion, so its not a problem if people decide not to use it at all.

I didn't mean a stir here. A stir there. They're changing up their twitter accounts, restricting access to profiles and deleting posts. Go figure.
Yes, I'm sure your advice of whether to use it or not will be heeded. Thanks for sharing!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/04/2012 5:10 pm
(@AkosuaCP)

YOu're welcome

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 23/04/2012 1:21 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share:

X
X
X